Data & Content Management Systems
With more and more businesses going paperless, the Internet has become a powerful tool for managing and sharing information. Web-enabled databases are useful in two major ways:
- Web-Based Data Management Systems allowing companies to share data among employees and customers
- Content Management Systems that allow organizations to update their website with ease
- Custom Project Management Systems that enable companies to communicate efficiently with clients, employees, and contractors
Midwest New Media has helped dozens of businesses and non-profit organizations gain control of their data and web content, in many cases seamlessly integrating the two to create the most useful and easily managed website possible.
Client: Workplace Fairness
Solution: Client/donor tracking and project management system
Many companies maintain their essential data using numerous spreadsheets and documents, which is better than a paper-only system but far from perfect. Duplicate data, inaccessibility and clutter are just a few of the problems that can arise from such methods of data management.
Midwest New Media can help you change this. In fact, the process for deploying your new data management system is simple and straightforward:
- Database planning and design – We start by reviewing your current data management system, in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of how your business works, and to determine your exact needs. Once this is done, we prepare a database design that incorporates all of the information that your company needs to manage.
- Development – Next, we build a password-protected, web-based interface for searching, displaying, and managing your data. The development process typically takes a few weeks to several months, depending on the nature and volume of data.
- Testing and revisions – Once the data management system is in place, we make it available for testing. Everyone involved in the planning process is invited to participate in testing.
- Data import and launch – Once the new system has been approved, we import your existing data and provide your company with access to the system immediately thereafter, to ensure a seamless transition from your old database to the new one.
- Manage your data – Just select the type of information you want to add or edit, click on the record you want to manage, type your changes, and click the "Save" button. It's that simple.
Not sure if a web-based system is right for your organization? Consider the time and money that would be saved as a result of the following benefits:
- Ease of use – View and update corporate records using simple web-based forms.
- No software to purchase – Instead of having to buy a spreadsheet application or office suite for each user, you simply need a web browser. Many mobile phone browsers are compatible as well.
- Limitless reporting options – Like any traditional database, records can be searched and sorted with ease. We can work with you to set up a reporting system that provides instant access to the information you need. Records can be viewed and printed from a browser, or even exported to a file.
- Access data from virtually anywhere – With just a web browser and an Internet connection, your corporate information can be accessed from anywhere. No need to transfer files or purchase file-sharing software.
- Easily control who has access to the database – Grant user-level access privileges by assigning a user name and password to each employee. You can even control who has access to what information.
- Enhanced security for sensitive information – We can go a step beyond password-protection by implementing SSL security as an additional means of protecting information such as Social Security and credit card numbers.
- Export data into other applications – Our development team can create an export utility for your database management system, allowing you to extract information from your database and then import it into other applications, such as Excel, Quickbooks, Access, Outlook, or Act!.
Online database management systems have many popular applications, including:
- Client and prospect information tracking
- Expense logging (extremely helpful during tax season)
- Invoicing and timelogs
- Calendars and task lists
- Inventory tracking (and other e-commerce capabilities)
- Client intake forms
- Mailing lists
- Employee information
Call us today at 1-866-742-9150 or submit a request for proposal to find out how we can help you improve your business processes!
With the ever-increasing demand for fresh information on the Internet, content management systems are becoming more and more popular. These systems work in much the same way as the web-based data management systems described above, and allow an organization to maintain its website without the continued assistance of a professional web developer.
More often than not, a content management system (CMS) can be expensive and time-consuming to deploy, and just as importantly, a hassle to use. Fortunately, we have a solution that addresses these problems: MidwestCMS™, a powerful but extremely easy-to-use content management framework that we've developed from the ground up.
Unlike other CMS solutions, our content management systems require little or no training to use, can be customized and enhanced to meet your precise specifications, and typically reduces costs by approximately 50%.
A CMS is usually appropriate for any organization that plans to update its website on a daily or weekly basis. Our systems can be utilized to manage a wide variety of information, in real time and without any programming knowledge, including:
- Corporate or industry news
- Event listings
- Product information and price lists
- Downloadable documents
- Links to other sites
- Job listings
- Text and images on any page
A few examples of our custom content management systems at work:
- Workplace Fairness – Fully database-driven site with news, court case listings, and hundreds of articles
- AmSpirit Business Connections – Member directory, internal documents and data, articles, and event listings
Take Your Business to the Next Level
Midwest New Media's database development services can be tailored to fit your needs and situation. The systems we create are flexible and scalable, so your site can grow as your business grows. Although we specialize in building dynamic websites from the ground up, in most cases we can add database functionality to an existing site.
Contact us today and let us introduce your organization to a world of possibilities!