What good is a website if nobody can find it?
The foundation of Internet marketing is to have a website that is both accessible to and optimized for search engines. This means that a website must:
- be programmed to conform to today’s web standards;
- align its content to the interests and needs of the customer;
- provide the right information in the right places, so that search engines know exactly what the site is about;
- incorporate relevant data for optimal search engine indexing; and
- be updated on a regular basis to maintain or improve search engine placement.
The purpose of search engines is to rank the most relevant websites that cover the topic being searched. Our job is to help clients create the most authoritative website for their industry or specialization, to the extent possible.
There is a widespread misconception that search engine optimization (SEO) involves adding dozens of keywords to a page and nothing more. This practice was popular, and somewhat effective, in the early days of search engines (before Google), but its abuse resulted in far too many irrelevant search results. Today, search engine optimization requires a much higher level of expertise, but when practiced well, it can generate impressive results – for both our clients and the Internet users who are searching for them.
Midwest New Media’s SEO and content strategy services can be customized to address the needs of each organization. These services include:
- Technical SEO, including on-page optimization
- Performance (load speed) optimization
- Local SEO
- Content strategy, including data-driven keyword research
- Content development, including copy writing, blog research, and video production
- Pay-per-click ad management
- Conversion rate optimization
- Monthly reporting
Clients with a monthly SEO plan are eligible for discounts on web development and managed web hosting, and receive assistance with content updates at no additional cost. To learn more, please contact us by email or by phone at (513) 742-9150.