What if you never had to deal with website problems on your own again?
Having a reliable and effective website is essential for non-profit organizations to be able to grow and achieve their mission. Unfortunately, this can be a challenge for many non-profits due to resource and staffing limitations.
One common scenario is that an organization will have a website that works for them and is managed by an in-house marketing team or communications director, but they don’t have anyone to turn to when a technical issue comes up, whether it’s a change to their donation form, a new page that isn’t mobile-friendly, or a mysterious error message reported by users.
This is where we can help.
Midwest New Media is a Cincinnati, Ohio web development company with more than 20 years of experience supporting non-profits with their website maintenance and digital marketing needs. We love building relationships with organizations who seek to make the world a better place, and whose websites are a priority, but don’t necessarily have the budget or the need to hire a full-time web developer.
Why Work With Midwest New Media?
- Get more mileage out of your website. Our focus is on maintaining existing websites and making incremental improvements to them over time, and thereby developing long-term, trusting relationships with our clients. We’re a small company that doesn’t employ salespeople, so we’re not reliant on landing big projects and we don’t have the appetite for upselling. If your website is a total mess and is in desperate need of a rebuild, we’ll tell you, but in most cases, starting from scratch doesn’t offer the return on investment that many organizations think it will. So, if you’re comfortable with your current website or simply not ready to embark on a redesign, we’ll do what we can to help you get the most out of what you already have.
- Only the services you need. Although we offer a wide ranges of services, we’re happy to tailor our services in a way that supplements the capabilities of your in-house staff and other vendors. We’re here to help fill the gaps in your organization’s digital marketing efforts, and not necessarily to run the show — unless that’s what you need us to do.
- Options for nearly any budget. Our website maintenance plans start at less than $100 per month and can be scaled as needed. For organizations that require regular ongoing assistance with web development, we also offer retainer plans that include priority service at a discounted rate.
- Predictable billing. For a non-profit whose budget is determined months in advance, it’s important to avoid unexpected expenses. A website maintenance plan that’s tailored to the organization’s needs helps to eliminate those surprises, while still allowing for flexibility in the event that those needs change.
- Timely resolution of issues. In most cases we’re able to respond to and resolve routine requests within one or two business days. Because our project managers handle many day-to-day website maintenance tasks themselves, we’re often able to answer questions and troubleshoot issues immediately, rather than having to relay information to one of our developers.
- No long-term contracts. We offer monthly, quarterly, and annual invoicing, with no commitment beyond each billing cycle. The monthly option is ideal for new clients who are unsure about their needs, while annual billing allows an organization to lock in their current rate for a longer period of time.
WordPress Support and Much More
We work mostly with websites that are built with WordPress, the world’s most popular content management system. However, we also have the ability to provide support for other platforms such as Joomla! and Drupal. Please feel free to contact us at (513) 742-9150 to find out if we might be a good fit for you.
In addition to website maintenance, Midwest New Media is able to serve non-profit organizations in a variety of other ways:
- Custom web development. With more than 20 years of experience building websites, dating back to before the first version of WordPress, our background in custom website development enables us to create custom WordPress plugins and to work with websites built on non-standard platforms.
- Pay-per-click marketing. Midwest New Media is part of the Google Partners program and works with organizations to develop, manage, and optimize their online advertising campaigns.
- Web hosting. Our maintenance plans include website hosting for organizations that are seeking a new home for their website. In addition to reducing overall costs, hosting your website with Midwest New Media reduces complexity by enabling us to more easily address a variety of requests, particularly when they involve both the site’s code and server environment — for example, troubleshooting email notification associated with a contact form). If you prefer to keep your current hosting provider, however, that’s usually okay as long as we have the appropriate level of access required to manage the site.
- Assistance with compliance issues. Does your website comply with Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act? Failure to conform to web accessibility standards has the potential to make your website difficult for people with disabilities to use, and could even put your funding at risk or expose your organization to liability. We can help you identify, assess, and address accessibility issues on your website and then implement a strategy for maintaining accessibility going forward.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) and reporting. Unlike most businesses, a typical non-profit serves a variety of audiences through its website, including donors, board members, volunteers, and recipients of the organization’s services. We can help organizations drive the right traffic to their website, enable visitors to find what they need quickly, and then provide detailed reports on the ongoing results of the organization’s digital marketing efforts.
If you’re interested in having a conversation about your website maintenance needs, please give us a call today at (513) 742-9150 or simply complete the form below.